- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Happi Daze Charcoal Pit
Happi Daze Charcoal Pit Review
In the 1950s it was a teen hangout, with carhops zipping trays of burgers, fries, and colas to Chevys and Fords lined up in the parking lot. The Pit, 4 mi north of Amsterdam, is still a cool place, with tunes by Elvis and the Beatles playing from loudspeakers and babes in hot pants and go-go boots pictured on the big neon sign. Try the famous foot-long hot dogs or chill out with ice cream that's made on-site. You can eat in your car or relax at pine-shaded picnic tables.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more