- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
Daisy Baker's Review
Plank floors, small wood tables, old organ pipes, and a high ceiling flanked by rich wood walls are reminders of this dining room's former religious uses: at various times, the 1892 brownstone has been a fundamentalist church, a Christian Science reading room, and a YWCA. The menu changes frequently and might include pancetta-wrapped veal rib chop with smashed red potatoes; grilled swordfish with cucumber strips, or roasted free-range chicken with sautéed mushrooms and onions in cherry-wine sauce. After 10 pm, a young crowd fills the long bar, and local bands play until the wee hours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Last February 16 we were married in NYC, so this year we did a long weekend to celebrate our first anniversary.
We stayed at the Fifth Avenue Andaz by Hyatt, which is at 41st and Fifth Avenue facing the Read more
We have visited NYC a lot over the years on business and pleasure and love it. Read more
Three of us (including theatre major college son) are headed to NYC at end of March for 4 nights. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more