- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Daisy Baker's Review
Plank floors, small wood tables, old organ pipes, and a high ceiling flanked by rich wood walls are reminders of this dining room's former religious uses: at various times, the 1892 brownstone has been a fundamentalist church, a Christian Science reading room, and a YWCA. The menu changes frequently and might include pancetta-wrapped veal rib chop with smashed red potatoes; grilled swordfish with cucumber strips, or roasted free-range chicken with sautéed mushrooms and onions in cherry-wine sauce. After 10 pm, a young crowd fills the long bar, and local bands play until the wee hours.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
After a 13-year absence from New York City, my husband and I decided to revisit this special place from November 21-25, to celebrate his birthday in the city where he was born. Read more
After too many quick jaunts to NYC just to hit up some museum exhibitions at haunts we'd already visited a million times before, we finally went to two we'd not been to, and I thought them worthy of a recommendatio Read more
We have tickets to see Fun Home at the Public Theater in Mid January.
We generally stay on the UWS where I grew up but think it might be fun to stay downtown . Any hotel recs? Under $300 if possible.
We Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more