- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New York City 2014
State University of New York at Albany
State University of New York at Albany Review
About 18,000 students are enrolled at this state university, established in 1844. The quaint downtown campus, built in 1909, was modeled after the University of Virginia. The 1971 uptown campus is dominated by stark, massive arches. A large reflecting pool lies at the center of a quadrangle formed by four high-rise dorms and classrooms.
The free University Art Museum has three galleries with frequently rotating contemporary-art exhibits. The museum's permanent collection includes works by Richard Diebenkorn, Donald Judd, Ellsworth Kelly, and Robert Rauschenberg. 1400 Washington Ave., 12222. 518/442-4035.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
DH and i had not been to a Broadway show in ages, so we thought we would extend our family visit in NJ with an overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows, a Tuesday evening and Wednesday matinee performance. Read more
Thanks to the Fodor community for helping us plan our recent trip to New York City. Read more
Growing up in Brooklyn Bensonhurst section in the 70s was nice. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more