Albany and Central New York Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Albany and Central New York Restaurant Reviews
From price to cuisine, eating out in the Leatherstocking region largely exemplifies middle-American dining. The region's best-known entrée is purely American and can be found on many restaurant menus on Friday: the fish fry, a breaded piece of haddock served with french fries and coleslaw. That said, new immigrant groups in the region continue to diversify the cuisines available here. And, although casual dining is the rule rather than the exception, the region does have several fine-dining places that hold up against the best restaurants in the state. Cooperstown, for one, has a cluster of excellent restaurants, and Utica is known for its Italian eateries.
Browse Albany and Central New York Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $298-$335 -- NYC: Weekends at Stylish Midtown Hotel, 20% Off Sofitel New York
- $179 & up -- NYC Marriott Hotels thru August, 35% Off Marriott Hotels & Resorts
- $15.78 & up -- Car Rentals across New York CarRentals.com
- $48.50 -- Percussive Troupe 'Stomp' in NYC, Reg. $78 'Stomp'
- $204-$228 -- NYC: Daily at 4-Star Hotel in Summer, 45% Off — $204-$228 InterContinental New York Barclay