Albany and Central New York Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Albany and Central New York Restaurant Reviews
From price to cuisine, eating out in the Leatherstocking region largely exemplifies middle-American dining. The region's best-known entrée is purely American and can be found on many restaurant menus on Friday: the fish fry, a breaded piece of haddock served with french fries and coleslaw. That said, new immigrant groups in the region continue to diversify the cuisines available here. And, although casual dining is the rule rather than the exception, the region does have several fine-dining places that hold up against the best restaurants in the state. Cooperstown, for one, has a cluster of excellent restaurants, and Utica is known for its Italian eateries.
Browse Albany and Central New York Restaurants
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe