- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Howes Cave is such a small community that you could easily miss it as you motor down Route 7. But looks can be deceiving. The small town attracts thousands of visitors each year because of its underground caves. The chiseled walls of the caverns, located more than a hundred feet below the surface, even hold an underground lake.
Howes Cave at a Glance
Elsewhere in Albany and Central New York
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's