Albany and Central New York Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Albany and Central New York
Sports mecca. The area has not one but four halls of fame, including the National Baseball Hall of Fame, the National Distance Running Hall of Fame, the National Soccer Hall of Fame, and the International Boxing Hall of Fame.
Memorable meals. The entire region is filled with fine dining options, especially in the dozens of restaurants that rely on ingredients almost entirely from central New York.
Eye-popping views. Central New York is rich in ways to get a closer look its many rivers, mountains, and forests, including train rides, boat trips, and myriad outdoor activities. The region, one of the first settled by Europeans, is home to some of the oldest and best-preserved churches, mansions, and inns in the country.
Nature's bounty. Pick fresh apples from the tree, visit a grove of sugar maples and sample their syrup, or try a dairy's freshest cheese at the region's many family-owned farms and orchards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's