- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canajoharie is on Route 5S, on the south bank of the Mohawk River. Founded in 1730, the village is now home to a large Beech-Nut food-processing plant. The wealth of its industrial past is evident in the Canajoharie Library and Art Gallery, which has a collection of fine art donated by the late Beech-Nut factory owner, Bartlett Arkell.
Elsewhere in Albany and Central New York
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's