Bus service on Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma Coaches, affiliated with Greyhound Lines, is available to Alamogordo, Albuquerque, Carlsbad, Clovis, El Paso (TX), Farmington, Gallup, Grants, Las Cruces, Las Vegas, Raton, Roswell, and several other towns and cities. Las Cruces Shuttle Service can get you from Silver City to Deming, Las Cruces, and El Paso.
Greyhound offers the North America Discovery Pass, which allows unlimited travel in the United States (and certain parts of Canada and Mexico) within any 7-, 15-, 30-, or 60-day period ($239 to $539, depending on length of the pass). You can also buy similar passes covering different areas (America and Canada, the West Coast of North America, the East Coast of North America, Canada exclusively), and international travelers can purchase international versions of these same passes, which offer a greater variety of travel periods and cost considerably less. Greyhound also has senior-citizen, military, children's, and student discounts, which apply to individual fares and to the Discovery Pass.
Greyhound/Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma Coaches. 800/231-2222. www.greyhound.com.
Las Cruces Shuttle Service. 575/525-1784 or 800/288-1784. www.lascrucesshuttle.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe