- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Snakedance Condominiums Hotel
At a Glance
- Ski-in, ski-out accommodations
- handy to have a spa on-site
- some great deals in summer
- Unless you're a skier, there's little reason to stay here in winter
- a good distance from Taos proper, as is true for all hotels in the area
Check Rates from our Partners
Snakedance Condominiums Hotel Review
This modern condominium resort is right on the slopes and contains a handsome library where guests can enjoy an après-ski coffee or after-dinner drink next to a fieldstone fireplace. Some units—which range from studios to three-bedroom apartments—have fireplaces. A small spa provides a slew of services, from facials to deep-tissue massages, as well as bodywork aimed specifically to work muscles tested on the ski slopes and hiking trails. In winter, guests can take advantage of the helpful ski valet and ski storage with boot dryers. And in summer the hotel offers weeklong vacation packages, including a cooking school and fitness adventure courses, and rates are a fraction of what they are during ski season. Hondo Restaurant ($$) turns out very good contemporary American fare.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more