Fishing in Taos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Carson National Forest has some of the best trout fishing in New Mexico. Its streams and lakes are home to rainbow, brown, and native Rio Grande cutthroat trout.
Blue Yonder Fly Fishing. Reasonably priced and with very knowledgeable guides, Blue Yonder can customize anything from a casual half-day outing for beginners to an extensive all-day adventure for experienced anglers—gear, instruction, and meals are included. Taos, NM. 575/779–9002. www.blueyonderflyfishing.com.
Taos Fly Shop & Streit Fly Fishing. Well-known area fishing guide Taylor Streit of the well-stocked Taos Fly Shop & Streit Fly Fishing takes individuals or small groups out for fishing and lessons. 308-C Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571. 575/751–1312. www.taosflyshop.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's