Bicycling in Taos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taos-area roads are steep and hilly, and none have marked bicycle lanes, so be careful while cycling. The West Rim Trail offers a fairly flat but view-studded 9-mi ride that follows the Rio Grande canyon's west rim from the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge to near the Taos Junction Bridge.
Gearing Up Bicycle Shop is a full-service bike shop that can supply advice on best routes and organized group rides. 129 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Plaza and Vicinity, Taos, 87571. 575/751-0365. www.gearingupbikes.com.
Native Sons Adventures offers guided mountain-biking tours. 1033-A Paseo del Pueblo Sur, South Side, Taos, 87571. 575/758-9342 or 800/753-7559. www.nativesonsadventures.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe