Bicycling in Taos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taos-area roads are steep and hilly, and none have marked bicycle lanes, so be careful while cycling. The West Rim Trail offers a fairly flat but view-studded 9-mi ride that follows the Rio Grande canyon's west rim from the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge to near the Taos Junction Bridge.
Gearing Up Bicycle Shop. You can rent or buy bikes and equipment at this full-service bike shop. Staff can provide advice on the best routes and upcoming group rides. 129 Paseo del Pueblo Sur, Taos, NM, 87571. 575/751–0365. www.gearingupbikes.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's