Ballooning in Taos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hot-air ballooning has become nearly as popular in Taos as in Albuquerque, with a handful of outfitters offering rides, most starting at about $225 per person.
Paradise Balloons will thrill you with a "splash and dash" in the Rio Grande River as part of a silent journey through the 600-foot canyon walls of Rio Grande Gorge. Taos. 575/751-6098. www.taosballooning.com.
Pueblo Balloon Company conducts balloon rides over and into the Rio Grande Gorge. Taos. 575/751-9877. www.puebloballoon.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Taos: Save at the Sagebrush Inn in May Fr $124+/Nt Expedia
- $70.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Taos Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Taos at Quality Inn Fr $79+/Nt — $79 Expedia
- $220 & Up: Historic Taos Inn 3-Star Hotel in Taos — $220 Expedia
- May deal: El Pueblo Lodge Fr $147+/Nt — $147 Expedia