Ballooning in Taos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hot-air ballooning has become nearly as popular in Taos as in Albuquerque, with a handful of outfitters offering rides, most starting at about $225 per person.
Paradise Balloons will thrill you with a "splash and dash" in the Rio Grande River as part of a silent journey through the 600-foot canyon walls of Rio Grande Gorge. Taos. 575/751-6098. www.taosballooning.com.
Pueblo Balloon Company conducts balloon rides over and into the Rio Grande Gorge. Taos. 575/751-9877. www.puebloballoon.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe