- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Socorro is the gateway to the region if you're coming from Albuquerque—the small city is easily reached via I–25, 78 mi south of the Duke City. If you're driving to central New Mexico from Arizona via lonely but scenic U.S. 60, it's the last town you reach before coming to I–25.
Socorro Heritage & Visitors Center. 217 Fisher Ave., Socorro, 87801. 575/835-8927. www.socorronm.gov.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's