- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Black Range Lodge Bed & Breakfast
At a Glance
- great for a group retreat or family reunion
- no restaurants for miles
- Silver City is about an hour away
Check Rates from our Partners
Black Range Lodge Bed & Breakfast Review
It's not quite enough to describe this lodge as "historic." Yes, this getaway in the old mining ghost town of Kingston, along the Geronimo Trail Scenic Byway (NM 152), has sturdy log-beam ceilings, massive stone walls, an interesting history, and an informal, rustic atmosphere that makes it nice for families, but the charm here owes a lot to the care and tending, and presence, of the gently charismatic proprietor. The "town" of Kingston—a bustling boomtown established around the turn of the 20th century and with a current population of about 30—and the surrounding area are fun to explore and fantastic by mountain bike, but keep in mind that Silver City is a full hour's drive west. Guests have access to Percha Creek and miles of hiking trails. The rooms on the north side of the main lodge have views of the mountains, and the south rooms look into the lovely greenhouse. One-bedroom suites have cozy, vine-wrapped balconies in addition to sitting areas. Breakfasts are healthy and hearty, and the kitchen is open for you to cook in if you bring your own food. There is a studio apartment, a six-bedroom house, and a beautiful one-bedroom luxury guesthouse built with the latest eco-friendly straw-bale construction techniques available as well.
- Address: 119 Main St. (NM 152), Kingston, 88042 | Map It
- Phone: 575/895–5652; 800/676–5622
- Website: www.blackrangelodge.com
- Location: Silver City
- Lodge, 7 rooms, 4 suites; 2 guesthouses, one with 6-bedrooms, one with 1 bedroom; 1 studio apt..
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I am looking for some advise... We'd like to travel to either Sedona or Santa Fe this April with our two kids, ages 8 and 4. We'd like to stay in a resort where kids can splash in a pool and maybe Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more