- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aguirre Springs Review
This beautiful high-elevation spot is tucked alongside the towering spires of the Organ Mountains, giving you an expansive view of the Tularosa Basin. During drought conditions, fires may be restricted or prohibited. If you're fortunate enough to be here when the moon is full, make sure you catch the moonrise—you're not likely to forget it.
- Address: Off U.S. 70; from I–25 take U.S. 70 northeast 14 mi, head south at Aguirre Springs Rd. an additional 6 mi, Las Cruces, 88005 | Map It
- Phone: 575/525–4300
- Website: www.blm.gov
- Location: Las Cruces
- Reservations not accepted.
- 57 sites, 2 group sites (by reservation).
- No credit cards.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Someone just posted about the fiesta, which starts tomorrow. Read more
My husband, adult son and I just took a 7 day trip in a loop from/back to Albuquerque. Read more
What city is warm year round and can access a lot of the city without driving or at least be able to get to and from home and job without driving. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more