The Wilderness Lodge & Hot Springs
At a Glance
- surrounded by mountains and rivers, this is truly secluded
- no restaurants or shops nearby
- shared bathrooms (except for suite)
The Wilderness Lodge & Hot Springs Review
This basic retreat in the heart of the Gila Wilderness is a handy base if you want plenty of time to explore the Gila Cliff Dwellings, 4 mi north. An added bonus are two relaxing hot-springs pools. The lodge was built from a century-old former schoolhouse that was hauled here from Hurley and not very formally re-pieced together, making the place feel somewhat haphazard in its layout and construction, but comfortable nevertheless. The covered front porch is a great place to sit and enjoy coffee with the birds and trees. The stars at night are brilliant. Bring groceries—full, shared, kitchen facilities are available to make dinner.
- Address: Off NM 15 at Gila Hot Springs, 14 mi north of NM 15 at NM 35 (40 mi north of Silver City), Gila Hot Springs, 88049 | Map It
- Phone: 575/536–9749
- Website: www.gilahot.com
- Location: Gila National Forest
- 5 rooms with shared bath, 1 suite
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Southwestern New Mexico for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More