- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Wilderness Lodge & Hot Springs
At a Glance
- surrounded by mountains and rivers, this is truly secluded
- no restaurants or shops nearby
- shared bathrooms (except for suite)
Check Rates from our Partners
The Wilderness Lodge & Hot Springs Review
This basic retreat in the heart of the Gila Wilderness is a handy base if you want plenty of time to explore the Gila Cliff Dwellings, 4 mi north. An added bonus are two relaxing hot-springs pools. The lodge was built from a century-old former schoolhouse that was hauled here from Hurley and not very formally re-pieced together, making the place feel somewhat haphazard in its layout and construction, but comfortable nevertheless. The covered front porch is a great place to sit and enjoy coffee with the birds and trees. The stars at night are brilliant. Bring groceries—full, shared, kitchen facilities are available to make dinner.
- Address: Off NM 15 at Gila Hot Springs, 14 mi north of NM 15 at NM 35 (40 mi north of Silver City), Gila Hot Springs, 88049 | Map It
- Phone: 575/536–9749
- Website: www.gilahot.com
- Location: Gila National Forest
- 5 rooms with shared bath, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
My husband and I are researching a trip to the Grand Canyon this October. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more