- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Elephant Butte State Park
Elephant Butte State Park Review
At night, campfires flicker along the beaches of the many sandy coves of Elephant Butte Lake. There are developed and primitive campsites, many of them delightfully secluded. Sites without hookups are first come, first served; sites with hookups can be reserved. There's a restaurant on-site.
- Address: 3 mi north of Truth or Consequences, Elephant Butte, 87935 | Map It
- Phone: 877/664-7787 reservations; 575/744-5923 information
- Website: www.emnrd.state.nm.us/prd/elephant.htm
- Location: Elephant Butte
- 127 developed sites, several hundred primitive or partially developed tent sites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $64-$79 -- Albuquerque Hotel near World's Longest Tramway Native Lodge - A Heritage Hotel & Resort
- $119-$149 -- Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, w/City Tour Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
- $119 -- Sheraton Albuquerque w/Breakfast & Baseball Tickets — $119 Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Will be driving (with my wife & two small kids) from Malibu to Santa Fe in a couple of weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more