- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Silver Creek Inn
At a Glance
- a fantastic place to explore a ghost town and the western Gila Wilderness
- an optional all-meal package is available
- bookings are for weekends only (Friday and Saturday night), and the town itself is only open on weekends
- isolated, with no Internet
Check Rates from our Partners
Silver Creek Inn Review
Just getting to this property in the ghost town of Mogollon in the western region of the Gila is something of a thrill; the scenic and twisty mountain road that leads here has some heart-stopping, steep drop-offs along the way. Once you've arrived, settle into a room at the one-time J. P. Holland General Store, one of the original, two-story adobe structures in this old mining town, which is now all but abandoned (population about 15). The large, ochre-colored 1885 inn building has been refurbished beautifully, and further tweaks and finesses are an ongoing project for the committed innkeepers. Each of the four rooms has a private bath, and a delicious full breakfast is included in the room rate (rate is dropped $20 per person if you opt for the simpler Continental breakfast). Head here if you're looking for a relaxing getaway in an out-of-the-ordinary locale. The inn is open seasonally and is for adults 21 and over only. Walk-in arrangements are often possible, although advance reservations are recommended.
- Address: Off NM 159; from Glenwood take U.S. 180 about 4 mi north, turn east onto NM 159 and travel about 9 mi of steep, sometimes rough, roadway, Mogollon, 88039 | Map It
- Phone: 866/276–4882
- Hours: Closed Nov.–Mar.
- Website: www.silvercreekinn.com
- Location: Gila National Forest
- 4 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I am looking for some advise... We'd like to travel to either Sedona or Santa Fe this April with our two kids, ages 8 and 4. We'd like to stay in a resort where kids can splash in a pool and maybe Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more