- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Tucumcari is a tumbledown little town with intriguing early- to mid-20th-century architecture. Neat little houses on quiet, tree-shaded streets can keep you peeking around corners and down new streets for quite awhile. Along Route 66—the main, and only, route through town—you'll find low-slung motels in various stages of use and disuse, restaurants, markets, gas stations, curios stores, and, of course, neon. As hard as this town tries to develop itself economically, it's those neon signs and the still-living, old-time businesses that keep it alive.
Tucumcari at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southeastern New Mexico
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's