- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The quality of the roadways in southeastern New Mexico varies widely, particularly in remote rural areas. Drive with caution on the region's narrow highways, which particularly in mountainous areas have no shoulders. On minor roadways, even if paved, be alert for curves, dips, and steep drop-offs. You can rent a car at El Paso International Airport and Albuquerque International Sunport. Auto dealerships in some southeastern New Mexico cities rent cars. Your best bet for finding car rentals in smaller communities, such as Roswell and Carlsbad, is at municipal airports. Both Avis and Hertz rent cars at the Roswell airport, while Hertz has a site at Carlsbad's airport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's