- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A visually charming little town loaded with history, Santa Rosa also has the only body of water in the state—the Blue Hole—where divers can obtain deepwater certification. That spot, along with the Pecos River and other natural bodies of water, were created by ancient sinkholes in the bedrock that drew early peoples and animals as far back as the time of woolly mammoths.
Santa Rosa at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southeastern New Mexico
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's