Oasis State Park
Oasis State Park Review
Sand dunes, huge cottonwood and elm trees, and the refreshing air from the 3-acre lake make this state park seem like an oasis. Especially pleasurable activities here include hiking, bird-watching (especially in winter), fishing, and camping. Horseback riding is allowed, although swimming and boating are not. Six miles north of Portales via U.S. 70 and NM 467.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's