- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue Hole Review
About 8,000 diving permits are issued per year for folks who strap on tanks and plunge into the 80-foot-deep artesian spring–fed pool at the Blue Hole. The Blue Hole is open for public swimming during daylight hours (no fee). Cliff diving is great fun here, as is snorkeling and coming face to face with the many koi and goldfish that have been deposited here over the years.
Stella Salazar runs the dive shop (575/472–3370) adjacent to the Blue Hole; hours are generally restricted to the weekends, although the pool is open seven days a week. Tanks, air, weight belts, and a few other basics are available there. Weekly dive permits are $8.
The folks from Sandia Snorkel in Albuquerque are out at the Hole every second weekend. The shop staff is full of helpful information about diving certification and the conditions of the pool (which remains a constant 62°F year-round). 505/247–8632.
- Address: Blue Hole Rd.; turn south off Rte. 66 onto Lake Dr.; turn left onto Blue Hole Rd. just past Park Lake, Santa Rosa, 88435
- Phone: 575/472–3763
- Location: Santa Rosa
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
We are planning a weekend gathering of relatives in Albuquerque in May. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more