- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ellis Store Country Inn
At a Glance
- beautiful inn
- excellent food
- the four Mill House rooms share two bathrooms
Ellis Store Country Inn Review
In 1850 this bed-and-breakfast was a modest two-room adobe in a territory where settlers and Mescaleros clashed; during the Lincoln County War, Billy the Kid was known to frequent the place. These days, rooms in the main house are decorated with antiques. Behind the main house is the Mill House, which has four guest rooms and a large common room and is ideal for families. Casa Nueva has two suites with reproduction antiques and a country-French feeling. Owner Jinny Vigil cooks six-course gourmet meals in the evening, which are served in a wood-paneled dining room called Isaac's Table. The breakfasts could stir even the most avid sleeper, and the lush, well-manicured garden is becoming increasingly popular for June weddings. Reservations for dinner are a must, and the public can have breakfast here, too, but only if you make reservations. Note that you must advise management if you're traveling with children.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Alamogordo Savings! Book at Alamogordo Days Inn Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- $68 & Up: Cheap Alamogordo Stay Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- $31.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Alamogordo Hotwire
- Alamogordo Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $68+/Nt — $68 Expedia
- $25.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Alamogordo — $26 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We are taking a family trip in June with our boys ages 10 and 12. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more