- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lincoln National Forest comprises two distinct sections, one with Carlsbad Caverns, the other encompassing the mountains around Ruidoso and Cloudcroft. U.S. 70 runs east-west from Tularosa at Interstate 25, to Ruidoso and through Roswell. U.S. 82 runs east-west from I-25 at Alamogordo, to Cloudcroft and on through Artesia. U.S. 285 runs north-south through Roswell and Artesia. To get to Carlsbad Caverns, take U.S. 285 south and turn southwest onto U.S. 180, in Carlsbad. You'll travel about 18 mi before turning north onto NM 7 at White's City, with 7 mi to go before arriving at the Carlsbad Caverns visitor center.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's