Southeastern New Mexico Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Southeastern New Mexico retains a delicious feeling of wildness. The nearest interstate is generally as far as 200 mi away, and with few lights from strip malls and no urban sprawl, the stargazing here is a treat for the expert and novice alike.
You'll find generally reliable chain motels to choose from if that's what suits you, but you can also choose from a luxury resort, numerous quaint cabins...read more
Leave the fancy duds at home—you're unlikely to find a formal dining room to strut into. Casual dress reigns supreme in this part of the world. Although...read more
Things To Do in Southeastern New Mexico
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Super Low Alamogordo Rate: Book Fr $68+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Alamogordo this May Fr $74+/Nt Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Economy rentals in Alamogordo Hotwire
- Book in Alamogordo: Save this May Fr $68+/Nt — $68 Expedia
- $25.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Alamogordo — $26 Hotwire
White Sands National Monument. Journey to Mars. The otherworldly landscape of White Sands is an amazing place any time of day; the white gypsum... Read more
Of all the sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects in the world, it's the one that took place more than 50 years ago outside Roswell, New Mexico... Read more
You'll find delightful temperatures between October and April. Daytime temps in the summer hover at close to 100 degrees, though you'll find... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now66° F Clear 17% Humidity May 20, 2013 at 1:55AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more