- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak's Southwest Chief stops in Lamy, a short drive south of Santa Fe, on its route from Chicago to Los Angeles via Kansas City; other New Mexico stops include Raton, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, and Gallup daily. In 2006, the state's first-ever commuter train line, the New Mexico Rail Runner Express, began serving the north-central part of the state. Service is from Belén, south of Albuquerque, to Santa Fe, with numerous stops in between. The Rail Runner offers a scenic, efficient alternative to reaching Santa Fe from the airport in Albuquerque (a shuttle bus operates between Albuquerque's Downtown train station and the airport).
Amtrak. 800/872-7245. www.amtrak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe