- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The city's bus system, Santa Fe Trails, covers 10 major routes through town and is useful for getting from the Plaza to some of the outlying attractions. Route M is most useful for visitors, as it runs from Downtown to the museums on Old Santa Fe Trail south of town, and Route 2 is useful if you're staying at one of the motels out on Cerrillos Road and need to get into town (if time is a factor for your visit, a car is a much more practical way to get around). Individual rides cost $1, and a daily pass costs $2. Buses run about every 30 minutes on weekdays, every hour on weekends. Service begins at 6 am and continues until 11 pm on weekdays, 8 to 8 on Saturday, and 10 to 7 (limited routes) on Sunday.
Santa Fe Trails. 505/955-2001. www.santafenm.gov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $212.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Santa Fe Sage Inn Fr $115+/Nt Save with Expedia, $25/night less
- $23.57 & up : Economy rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $104.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Santa Fe — $104 Hotwire
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe — $27 Hotwire