Santa Fe Sights

Advertisement

El Rancho de las Golondrinas

El Rancho de las Golondrinas Review

The "Williamsburg of the Southwest," El Rancho de las Golondrinas ("Ranch of the Swallows") is a reconstruction of a small agricultural village with buildings from the 17th to 19th century. Travelers on El Camino Real would stop at the ranch before making the final leg of the journey north, a half-day ride from Santa Fe in horse-and-wagon time. By car, the ranch is only a 25-minute drive from the Plaza, and it's a 10-minute drive from where the Turquoise Trail (NM 14) intersects with Interstate 25, making it a fun stop—especially for kids—en route. Self-guided tours survey Spanish colonial lifestyles in New Mexico from 1660 to 1890. Farm animals roam through the barnyards on the 200-acre complex. During the spring and harvest festivals, on the first weekends of June and October, respectively, the village comes alive with Spanish-American folk music, dancing, and food and crafts demonstrations. The ranch hosts several other festivals throughout the year.

    Contact Information

  • Address: 334 Los Pinos Rd., South Side, Santa Fe, NM, 87507 | Map It
  • Phone: 505/471–2261
  • Cost: $6
  • Hours: June–Sept., Wed.–Sun. 10–4; Apr.–May and Oct., by appointment
  • Website:
  • Location: El Rancho de las Golondrinas
Updated: 12-05-2013

Fodorite Reviews

Be the first to review this property

Advertisement

· Map of El Rancho de las Golondrinas

Map of



Travel Deals
Forums