- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Il Piatto Review
Chef Matt Yohalem continues to charm the legions of local fans and lucky visitors who dine at his place with creative pasta dishes like pappardelle with braised duckling, caramelized onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and mascarpone-duck au jus or homemade pumpkin ravioli with pine nuts and sage brown butter. Entrées include grilled salmon with spinach risotto and tomato-caper sauce, and a superb pancetta-wrapped trout with rosemary, wild mushrooms, and polenta. The menu changes seasonally and emphasizes locally sourced ingredients. It's a crowded but enjoyable trattoria with informal ambience, reasonable prices, and a snug bar. For about $30, the prix-fixe dinner, with an appetizer, main dish, and dessert, is a steal. Add a glass of wine from the reputable list of Italians and both your stomach and your wallet will leave happy.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Santa Fe: Save this May Fr $73+/Nt Expedia
- Super 8 Santa Fe on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $50+/Nt Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Book in Santa Fe: Save this May Fr $352+/Nt — $352 Save with Expedia, $158/night less
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more