- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At this bastion of high cuisine, the complex dishes range from pan-roasted Kurobuta pork tenderloin with spicy soy apricot glaze and scallion black pepper risotto, to fiery sweet-chile-and-honey-grilled Mexican sweet prawns with jasmine-almond rice cakes, frisée-and-red-onion salad, and yuzu (Japanese citrus fruit)-and-basil aioli. Chef Eric Di Stefano's peppery elk tenderloin remains a perennial favorite. Desserts are artful and rich, and the Sunday brunch is well regarded. Located in the Borrego House, a massive-walled adobe dating from 1756, the intimate, white dining rooms have beamed ceilings, wood floors, fireplaces, and cushioned bancos (banquettes). The restaurant is renowned for both its cuisine and its highly refined service. In summer you can dine under the front portal; in winter the bar with fireplace is inviting. For a less formal experience, dine in the dark, seductive bar—the cocktails are excellent.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $78.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Santa Fe Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Express Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Visit Santa Fe for Less: Hotels Fr $55+/Nt — $55 Travelocity
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more