- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Inn of the Governors
At a Glance
- close to Plaza
- friendly, helpful staff
- standard rooms are a bit small and cramped
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Inn of the Governors Review
This rambling hotel by the Santa Fe River is staffed by a polite, enthusiastic bunch. Rooms have a Mexican theme, with bright colors, hand-painted folk art, feather pillows, Southwestern fabrics, and handmade furnishings; deluxe rooms also have balconies and fireplaces. Perks include a complimentary tea-and-sherry social each afternoon and a quite extensive breakfast buffet along with free Wi-Fi and newspapers. New Mexican dishes and lighter fare like wood-oven pizzas are served in the very popular and very reasonably priced bar-restaurant, Del Charro (¢).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Santa Fe Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Comfort Suites Fr $110+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Santa Fe this May Fr $50+/Nt Expedia
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Santa Fe this May Fr $108+/Nt — $108 Expedia
- $23.57 & up : Economy rentals in Santa Fe — $24 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more