- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Centinela Traditional Arts
Centinela Traditional Arts Review
Centinela Traditional Arts continues the Trujillo family weaving tradition, which started in northern New Mexico more than seven generations ago. Irvin Trujillo and his wife, Lisa, are both gifted, award-winning master weavers, creating Rio Grande-style tapestry blankets and rugs, many of them with natural dyes that authentically replicate early weavings. Most designs are historically based, but the Trujillos are never shy about innovating and their original works are as breathtaking as the traditional ones. The shop and gallery carry these heirloom-quality textiles, with a knowledgeable and very friendly staff on hand to demonstrate or answer questions about the weaving techniques.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Eldorado & Spa in May: $333 & Up Expedia
- May deal: Fort Marcy Suites Fr $216+/Nt Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Santa Fe Savings! Book at The Santa Fe Suites Fr $63+/Nt — $63 Save with Expedia, $24/night less
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe — $27 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more