- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bishop's Lodge Resort and Spa
At a Glance
- staff is friendly and well-trained
- resort is spread out over 700 acres and some rooms seem rather far-flung
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Bishop's Lodge Resort and Spa Review
Although this historic resort is just a five-minute drive from the Plaza, its setting in a bucolic valley at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains makes it feel worlds apart. Outdoor activities abound including hiking, horseback riding, skeet shooting, tennis (professional lessons available) and trapshooting. History runs deep here with the nearly 150-year-old chapel built by Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy—a figure lionized by writer Willa Cather—at the resort's center. Rooms have antique and reproduction Southwestern furnishings—shipping chests, Mexican tinwork, and Native American and Western art. Many offer balconies or patios with spectacular mountain vistas. The Las Fuentes Restaurant & Bar specializes in inventive Nuevo Latino fare, and the kitchen uses produce and herbs from the property's heritage garden. Recently, they've replanted the vineyard with vines descended from those brought to America by Bishop Lamy and intend soon to produce wine. Locals often descend on the excellent Sunday brunch. The tranquil SháNah Spa and the beautiful grounds make this place a special getaway only minutes from Downtown.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Santa Fe Fr $138+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Santa Fe for Less: Hotels Fr $129+/Nt Travelocity
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Book 3 Nts in Santa Fe this May Fr $144+/Nt — $144 Expedia
- $23.57 & up : Economy rentals in Santa Fe — $24 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
We are two women from Denmark, 33 and 36 years old, who are planning a trip to the US, but we could use a bit of help with some of the details.
A bit about us, and our travel preferences: Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine. ... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more