- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Abiquiu Inn and Cafe Abiquiu
At a Glance
- good base for exploring O'Keeffe Country
- gorgeous, lush setting
- service is friendly but fairly hands-off
- rooms at the front of the inn get noise from the road
Abiquiu Inn and Cafe Abiquiu Review
Deep in the Chama Valley, the inn has a secluded, exotic feel—almost like an oasis—with brightly decorated rooms, including several four-person casitas, with woodstoves or fireplaces and tiled baths; some units have verandas with hammocks and open views of O'Keeffe Country. The café ($$) serves commendable New Mexican, Italian, and American fare, from blue-corn tacos stuffed with grilled trout to lamb-and-poblano stew; it's also known for its seasonal fresh-fruit cobblers. The inn is the departure point for O'Keeffe-home tours, where the O'Keeffe Museum has a small office. It has an art gallery featuring local work, crafts shop, and gardens. Two basic but very comfortable rooms are available for $80. The RV park on the property offers full hookups and a dump station for $35 per night.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $97.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Book 3-Star Hyatt Place Santa Fe Fr $124+/Nt Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $159.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Santa Fe — $159 Hotwire
- $26.71 & up : Midsize rentals in Santa Fe — $27 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more