- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Santa Fe, Taos & Albuquerque
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa
At a Glance
- very reasonably priced (for the simplest rooms)
- relaxing and serene setting
- unpretentious and friendly vibe
- a little funky and New Age-y for some tastes
Check Rates from our Partners
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa Review
Set in a remote village in the vicinity of the red rocks and rugged mountains of Abiquiu, this fabled hot springs resort fits the tastes and budget of all sorts of travelers, from spiritually-minded adventurers on a modest budget to romance-seekers wanting an upscale yet secluded spa getaway (it's a favorite of celebs filming movies in New Mexico). Accommodations run the gamut from the charmingly spartan and unfussy 1916 hotel (no TVs, simple furnishings) to the elegant, swanky suites—some with fireplaces and soaking tubs—which have been part of a dramatic renovation and expansion that's included a beautiful new lobby, spa shop, and newly-designed lithia springs and mud pools at the bathhouse and spa, where all lodgers have complimentary access to the mineral pools and milagro (miracle) wraps.There is also a hip wine bar and lounge next to the Artesian Restaurant ($$), which serves delicious world-beat fare in a charming dining room. Don't miss a chance to explore the resort's many trails that wind through acres of gorgeous scenery.
- Address: 50 Los Baños Dr., off U.S. 285, 30 miles north of Española Ojo Caliente, NM 87549 | Map It
- Phone: 505/583–2233; 800/222–9162
- Location: Georgia O'Keeffe Country
- 15 rooms, 23 suites, 8 cottages, 2 3-bedroom houses.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
I am looking for some advise... We'd like to travel to either Sedona or Santa Fe this April with our two kids, ages 8 and 4. We'd like to stay in a resort where kids can splash in a pool and maybe Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more