- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa and Resort
At a Glance
- can feel like a real getaway for fairly reasonable rates
- service and treatments can be lackluster
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa and Resort Review
Accommodations run the gamut from spartan in the unfussy 1916 hotel (no TVs, simple furnishings) to rather upscale in the elegant suites, which were added in recent years. Rooms in the hotel have bathrooms but no showers or tubs—bathing takes place in the mineral springs (it's an arrangement that pleases most longtime devotees but doesn't sit well with others). The cottages are quite comfy, with refrigerators and TVs; some have kitchenettes, with tile showers in the bathrooms. The 12 spacious suites have such luxury touches as kiva fireplaces and patios; half have private, double soaking tubs outside, which are filled with Ojo mineral waters. All lodgers have complimentary access to the mineral pools and milagro (miracle) wraps, and the bathhouse has showers. Horseback tours can be prearranged. The Artesian Restaurant ($$) serves world-beat fare in a charming dining room. Four-day and overnight packages are available. There's also camping on-site, beside the cottonwood-shaded Rio Ojo Caliente—double-occupancy camping rates are $20 for tents, $20 for RVs.
- Address: 50 Los Baños Dr., off U.S. 285, 30 mi north of Española, Ojo Caliente, 87549 | Map It
- Phone: 505/583-2233; 800/222-9162
- Website: www.ojocalientesprings.com
- Location: Georgia O'Keeffe Country
- 19 rooms, 19 cottages, 12 suites, 3 3-bedroom houses.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $212.00 & up : 4.5-star hotels in Santa Fe Hotwire
- Small budget: Stay in Santa Fe this May Fr $472+/Nt Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $104.00 & up : 4-star hotels in Santa Fe — $104 Hotwire
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe — $20 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more