Nightlife & the Arts in Santa Fe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Santa Fe Nightlife
Few, if any, small cities in America can claim an arts scene as thriving as Santa Fe's—with opera, symphony, and theater in splendid abundance. The music acts here tend to be high-caliber, but rather sporadic. Nightlife, as in dance clubs, is considered fairly "bleak." When popular acts come to town the whole community shows up and dances like there's no tomorrow. A super, seven-week series of music on the Plaza bandstand runs through the summer with performances four nights a week. Gallery openings, poetry readings, plays, and dance concerts take place year-round, not to mention the famed opera and chamber-music festivals. Check the arts and entertainment listings in Santa Fe's daily newspaper, the New Mexican (www.santafenewmexican.com), particularly on Friday, when the arts and entertainment section, "Pasatiempo," is included, or check the weekly Santa Fe Reporter (www.sfreporter.com) for shows and events. As you suspect by now, activities peak in the summer.
Browse Santa Fe Nightlife
Browse Santa Fe Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's