Santa Fe Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Santa Fe
A winter stroll on Canyon Road. There are few experiences to match walking this ancient street on Christmas Eve when it's covered with snow, scented by piñon fires burning in luminarias along the road, and echoing with the voices of carolers and happy families.
A culinary adventure. Start with rellenos for breakfast and try tapas for dinner. Enjoy some strawberry habanero gelato or sip an Aztec Warrior Chocolate Elixir. Take a cooking lesson. Santa Fe is an exceptional dining town, the perfect place to push the frontiers of your palate.
Into the wild. Follow the lead of locals and take any one of the many easy-access points into the incredible, and surprisingly lush, mountains that rise out of Santa Fe. Raft the Rio Grande, snowboard, snowshoe, or try mountain biking.
Market mashup. Summer offers the phenomenal International Folk Art Market, the famed Indian Market, and the two-for-one weekend of Traditional Spanish Market and Contemporary Hispanic Market. The offerings are breathtaking and the community involvement yet another aspect of Santa Fe to fall in love with.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe