Jogging in Santa Fe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Because of the city's altitude (7,000 to 7,500 feet), you may feel heavy-legged and light-headed if you start running shortly after you arrive. Once you become acclimated, though, you can find that this is a great place to run. There's a jogging path along the Santa Fe River, parallel to Alameda, and another at Fort Marcy on Washington Avenue. The winding roads and paths up near the scenic campus of St. John's College are also ideal, although the terrain is quite hilly.
Pick up gear and running advice at Running Hub. The store hosts informal group runs on Thursday evenings at 6 and, during the summer months, Tuesday evenings at 6. The excellent staff is made up of expert runners and triathletes. 527-B W. Cordova Rd., Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol, Santa Fe, 87505. 505/820-2523. www.runsantafe.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Santa Fe Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $193+/Nt Expedia
- Santa Fe Savings! Book at Fairfield Inn Santa Fe Fr $127+/Nt Expedia
- $25.28 & up : Compact rentals in Santa Fe Hotwire
- $146 & Up: Homewood Suites Santa Fe 3-Star Hotel in Santa Fe — $146 Expedia
- $29.57 & up : Full Size rentals in Santa Fe — $30 Hotwire