Bicycling in Santa Fe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can pick up a map of bike trips—among them a 30-mi round-trip ride from Downtown Santa Fe to Ski Santa Fe at the end of NM 475—from the New Mexico Public Lands Information Center. One excellent place to mountain bike is the Dale Ball Trail Network, which is accessed from several points.
Mellow Velo is a friendly, neighborhood bike shop offering group tours, privately guided rides, bicycle rentals ($35 per day—make reservations), and repairs. The helpful staff at this well-stocked shop offers a great way to spend a day—or seven! 638 Old Santa Fe Trail, Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol, Santa Fe, 87505. 505/995–8356. www.melovelo.com.
New Mexico Bike N' Sport. Here at this large shop by Trader Joe's you can rent or buy bikes of all kinds and shop the great selection of clothing and gear. 524C W. Cordova Rd., South Side, Santa Fe, NM, 87505. 505/820–0809. www.nmbikensport.com.
Santa Fe Mountain Sports. Here's another good source for bike rentals. 1221 Flagman Way, Suite B1, South Side, Santa Fe, NM, 87505. 505/988–3337. www.santafemountainsports.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe