Bicycling in Santa Fe
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You can pick up a map of bike trips—among them a 30-mi round-trip ride from Downtown Santa Fe to Ski Santa Fe at the end of NM 475—from the New Mexico Public Lands Information Center. One excellent place to mountain bike is the Dale Ball Trail Network, which is accessed from several points.
Mellow Velo is a friendly, neighborhood bike shop offering group tours, privately guided rides, bicycle rentals ($35 per day—make reservations), and repairs. The helpful staff at this well-stocked shop offers a great way to spend a day—or seven! 638 Old Santa Fe Trail, Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol, Santa Fe, 87505. 505/995-8356. www.melovelo.com.
New Mexico Bike N' Sport is a big shop that provides rentals and a large selection of bikes, clothing, and all necessary gear. 524C W. Cordova Rd., Old Santa Fe Trail and South Capitol, Santa Fe, 87505. 505/820-0809. www.nmbikensport.com.
Santa Fe Mountain Sports has a good selection of bikes for rent. 1221 Flagman Way, Suite B1, South Side, Santa Fe, 87505. 505/988-3337. www.santafemountainsports.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $64-$79 -- Albuquerque Hotel near World's Longest Tramway Native Lodge - A Heritage Hotel & Resort
- $119-$149 -- Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, w/City Tour Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
- $119 -- Sheraton Albuquerque w/Breakfast & Baseball Tickets — $119 Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel