- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Inn at Halona
At a Glance
- one-of-a-kind lodging experience
- nearby dinner options are limited
The Inn at Halona Review
Your only opportunity to stay right in the heart of Zuni, this cheery inn is decorated with handwoven rugs, fine Zuni arts and crafts, and locally made furniture. Six of the rooms have private baths; two share a bath. Outside you can relax in the tree-shaded, enclosed, flagstone courtyard or walk the winding streets that surround Zuni's main plaza. Limited room service is available if you order ahead, or you may purchase ingredients at the tribe-staffed Halona Plaza market next door—which is also where Inn guests must go to check in—and prepare a meal in the communal kitchen. The breakfasts (think blue-corn pancakes, made from scratch) are not to be missed. Between the host (the owners come from a historic trading family), the staff, and the comfortable (if a little overstuffed) rooms laden with Indian blankets and pottery, this is a Southwestern standout.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Small budget: Stay in Farmington this May Fr $106+/Nt Expedia
- $89.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Farmington Hotwire
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Farmington Hotwire
- Courtyard by Marriott Farmington in May: $96 & Up — $96 Expedia
- $27.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Farmington — $28 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more