- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Earl's Restaurant Review
If you have time for only one meal in Gallup, do as most people do and head to Earl's. The home-style rib-sticking daily specials here include meat loaf and chicken-fried steak, pie, bottomless coffee, and the oversize servings you would expect. Though not in its original location, Earl's has been a family-run institution in the area since 1947. This is a classic diner, grand-scale and Southwestern style, down to the Naugahyde booths and the Western Americana objects hanging on the walls. It's a custom here for Native American jewelry vendors to go table to table displaying their wares. Simply say "No, thank you" if you're not interested and the vendor will leave.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $86.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Farmington Hotwire
- Farmington Savings! Book at Red Lion Farmington Fr $100+/Nt Expedia
- $16.95 & up : Compact rentals in Farmington Hotwire
- Farmington Savings! Book at Silver River Adobe Inn Fr $129+/Nt — $129 Expedia
- $14.95 & up : Economy rentals in Farmington — $15 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more