- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shiprock Trading Post
Shiprock Trading Post Review
Shiprock Trading Post, established in 1894, came to Farmington in 2007. What sets this location off from its gallery in Santa Fe is its direct connection to the Navajo artisans who come here to buy the richly dyed skeins of wool that collectors will eventually see in their finished rugs. Stop here to view a good selection of topical books, outstanding rugs and jewelry from Indian artists creating contemporary designs from traditional materials, an excellent selection of modern Ganado and Wide Ruins rugs, rare vintage Chiefs blankets, and almost as rare Zuni and Navajo pawn.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Farmington: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $106+/Nt Expedia
- $89.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Farmington Hotwire
- $26.95 & up : Compact rentals in Farmington Hotwire
- Farmington Savings! Book at Rodeway Inn Farmington Fr $61+/Nt — $61 Expedia
- $27.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Farmington — $28 Hotwire
We are almost a wk in to our 30th home exchange, this time Santa Fe, New Mexico.
It's a trip that was planned about six months ago, with the written agreement, we would each drive to our home exchangers' Read more
4 days in a row both computers offered to guests would not function properly.
Hotel under renovation, but was not told this when I made the reservation. Was told during check-in. Daily use of jackhammers, Read more
We would like to have comments on our itinerary please:
We have been to Santa Fe and Taos, but are traveling with a 24 yo daughter who has not. Read more
· News & Features
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more
As you twitch in anticipation of the final installment of Breaking Bad, take a trip through the turbule... Read more
The Four Seasons will take over at Santa Fe's Encantado Resort.... Read more