- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are three Grants exits from Interstate 40; from east to west they are Exits 89, 85, and 81. They all feed onto the main drag in town, Santa Fe Avenue, which is also Historic U.S. Route 66. From Albuquerque, to arrive closest to the center of town and the Northwest NM Visitor Center, take Interstate 40 west for 77 mi to Exit 85. If you want to get off sooner, take Exit 89, which is also the turnoff to NM 117 and the eastern extent of El Malpais; if you miss either of these, Exit 81 is a short way past Exit 85 and is also the turnoff to Scenic Byway NM 53, and the western extent of El Malpais.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's