- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Amtrak operates the Southwest Chief between Chicago and Los Angeles, making stops in Las Vegas and Raton (before moving on to Lamy—near Santa Fe—and Albuquerque). As part of a longer trip along this fabled route, taking Amtrak to Las Vegas or Raton can be interesting—you can get around both towns without a car. But if your aim is to explore anything outside these two towns, train travel isn't practical. 800/872–7245. www.amtrak.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe