- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There is no commercial air service directly into the region, but Las Vegas is just an hour from the airport in Santa Fe (SAF), and two hours from Albuquerque International Airport (ABQ). You might also consider flying into Amarillo, Texas (AMA), which is 2½ hours from Clayton, or Colorado Springs, Colorado (COS), a 2½-hour drive from Raton.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines