El Fidel Review
Set inside the 1920s Spanish Colonial Revival hotel of the same name (rooms are dated and bleak—don't stay here), this casual restaurant successfully lives up to its ambitious mission to serve creative, farm-to-market American and Italian fare in a region with few dining options beyond old-school New Mexican joints. The kitchen uses mostly local and organic ingredients to prepare such notable dishes as wild-caught albacore sashimi with spicy-lemon Sriracha sauce, and Mexican white shrimp over lemon-herb capellini with sundried-tomato puree. A worthy brunch is served on weekends. A coffee bar, added in 2013, serves breakfast, lunch, and delicious baked-from-scratch pastries.
- Address: 510 Douglas Ave., Las Vegas, NM, 87701
- Phone: 505/425–6659
- Location: Las Vegas
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's