- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
El Fidel Review
Set inside the 1920s Spanish Colonial Revival hotel of the same name (rooms are dated and bleak—don't stay here), this casual restaurant successfully lives up to its ambitious mission to serve creative, farm-to-market American and Italian fare in a region with few dining options beyond old-school New Mexican joints. The kitchen uses mostly local and organic ingredients to prepare such notable dishes as wild-caught albacore sashimi with spicy-lemon Sriracha sauce, and Mexican white shrimp over lemon-herb capellini with sundried-tomato puree. A worthy brunch is served on weekends. A coffee bar, added in 2013, serves breakfast, lunch, and delicious baked-from-scratch pastries.
- Address: 510 Douglas Ave., Las Vegas, NM 87701
- Phone: 505/425–6659
- Location: Las Vegas
- Credit cards accepted.
- No lunch Sat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My DW dropped me off at the Amtrak station a little after 8PM in CMO on 2/5. Read more
Day 1 - 28th Oct.(15 miles) Our weather reports had told us that overnight and morning would be the worst storms in the UK for 25 yrs. Got to be true as they had been forecasting it for days and days before. Read more
We are planning a weekend gathering of relatives in Albuquerque in May. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more