- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's one and only one way to get to and from Clayton: personal car. It's a quite scenic (because of the mesmerizing blue skies and wide-open mesas) one-hour drive from Capulin on U.S. 64/87, or from Springer it's a little more than 90 minutes via U.S. 56/412. Clayton is just 10 mi west of the Oklahoma and Texas borders—allow about 2½ hours for the drive to Amarillo, and 4 hours northeast to Dodge City, Kansas (a popular route among fans of the Old West).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's