- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Established in 2009, the ABQ Trolley Co whisks guests on an 18-mi, 75-minute tour of the city's top attractions and neighborhoods, using colorful open-air trolleys. These narrated rides—which are offered April through October, Tuesday through Sunday—are a great way to gain an overview of the city. 505/240–8000. www.abqtrolley.com.
The Albuquerque Museum of Art and History leads free, hour-long historical walks through Old Town, beginning at 11 am Tuesday through Sunday, mid-March through mid-December. 505/243-7255. www.cabq.gov/museum.
Backcountry and local-history expert Roch Hart, owner of NM Jeep Tours, offers Jeep tours and guided hikes that start from Albuquerque and go as far as time and permits allow. He can suggest an itinerary (ghost towns, rock formations, petroglyphs), or tailor one to your interests and time frame. 505/252-0112. nmjeeptours.com.
Tours of Old Town offers guided walking strolls around Old Town. The standard tour lasts about 75 minutes and is offered Friday through Wednesday, four times daily. Longer ghost-hunting and moonlight tours are also offered on occasion—check for times. 505/246–8687. nmjeeptours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe