- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
High Feather Ranch
At a Glance
- between Madrid and Cerrillos, you're alone with the scenery and certain to leave relaxed and well fed
- there's a 1-mi stretch of dirt road to get to the door, but it's nothing to fret about
High Feather Ranch Review
A grand adobe homestead and B&B, plush High Feather Ranch anchors 130 wide-open acres with breathtaking mountain views. It feels completely removed from civilization but is, in fact, within an hour's drive of both Santa Fe and Albuquerque. Although built in the late 1990s, the sprawling inn contains reclaimed 19th-century timber, antique gates, and fine vintage furnishings. Rooms have high ceilings and plenty of windows, and you're never far from a portal or patio; one room has an outdoor shower in a private courtyard. Rates include an impressive full breakfast.
- Address: 29 High Feather Ranch, ; 2 mi north of Madrid, turn right onto CR 55/Gold Mine Rd. Cerrillos, 87010 | Map It
- Phone: 505/424–1333; 800/757–4410
- Website: www.highfeatherranch.com
- Location: Cerrillos
- 2 rooms, 1 suite.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Someone just posted about the fiesta, which starts tomorrow. Read more
My husband, adult son and I just took a 7 day trip in a loop from/back to Albuquerque. Read more
my gf and I are leaving NYC Jan 19 and driving to Las Vegas, and flying back to nyc on Jan 1. Read more
· News & Features
Loaded with fun, kitschy tradition from aliens to Americana, as well the more mystic legends of healing ... Read more
From historic holistic practices and "energy vortexes" to art galleries and fantastic cuisine, there are... Read more
Whether you come for the art, the chiles, or the architecture, you'll definitely stay for the wine.... Read more